Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sweet Boy

Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from Daimon. He is 5. He was at grandma and grandpa's house while i was at work. I answered the phone and he said " Hi Mom." but, it was not his usual happy self... so i asked him what was wrong. He said he was sad. I asked him why....


"there are people killing each other." he said...


My first thought was where? who? what is going on? am i missing something?


I, of course, asked him who was killing who, (never know with him, it could be on a video game or something) He said that just regular people are killing each other in the streets, and it's so sad. why would they want to kill other people for real?

I asked him where he saw this.

He said he was watching the news.


Come to find out, it was a news story about the war going on in Iraq. They were showing footage of bombings, fighting, etc... And he was really upset by this. Not that it was messy, or Gorey... but, that people were killing each other. how do you explain the politics and reasoning's behind a war to a 5 year old?


Here's to keeping a 5 year old innocent as long as possible..
.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Aw! Breaks my heart to have to raise kids in today's society! Amen to keeping their innocence!

Ader Family said...

SORRY!! It was on the news and then I was upset because my friends are getting sent there.
He asked what was going on. It is sad and I didn't know how to explain it.
He's such a sweet kid.
~S